PLM Configuration Controller
Job no: 615237
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Program/Project Management, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated PLM Configuration Controller to work in Cochlear to provide support to a geographically dispersed Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Configuration Management Team that has global responsibility for setting, maintaining and enforcing product configuration and change management standards across Cochlear.
PLM is product lifecycle management which is the process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from inception, through engineering design, and manufacture to service and end of manufactured products.
As a PLM Configurations Controller you will provide support to the PLM users, collect metrics, generate reports, audit and maintain data and facilitate the implementation of promotions and product changes. This will enable Cochlear to meet its regulatory and commercial objectives.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Support and work with the PLM users to prioritise the completion of tasks and help ensure a smooth progression of product promotions and changes from proposal to implementation in the PLM System
- Complete any assigned workflow tasks for the creation of new review workflows in the PLM System
- Conduct part and document quality checks and the correct review team is assigned, ensuring compliance with our standards and procedures
- Generate and distribute regular report from the PLM system that provide visibility on the status of open workflows
- Support and work with the PLM users to ensure the integrity of the data in the PLM system is maintained and soft copy documents are stored accordingly
- Global responsibility for setting, maintaining and enforcing product configuration and change management standards across Cochlear
- Support the end-users to resolve Cochlear Service Portal Call that are related to the PLM system
- Minimum Degree in any field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Product/Business Support, Document Control or Product Configuration is required for this position.
- Experience working in MNC companies in similar capacity will be an ideal candidate for this position.
- Hands on experience in PLM or ERP System is an added advantage.
- Good written and verbal communication in English is a MUST for this role.
- Good analytical skills and strong attention to details.
- Good knowledge in using MS Office – Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience in document control, change management, product development and administration is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of people at Cochlear
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear’s global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now