Senior System Verification and Validation Engineer
Job no: 615292
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Validation & Verification
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear and be heard. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Verification and Validation Engineer to join our R&D Customer Software Department in Mechelen.
The Senior Systems Verification and Validation Engineer is a key role in the V&V space. They are accountable for ensuring the output of complex high-quality projects, delivered on time to our customers by defining, leading, planning, executing and reporting System V&V testing as needed within the R&D product portfolio. The role has an eye for exceptional user-facing product quality, reliability, and user-centric design principles.
- Lead the end-to-end definition, execution and delivery of V&V assignments, including the satisfactory performance and quality output of work produced by other involved parties such as external V&V contractors or internal supporting staff.
- Collaborate and influence across multiple project and feature teams and stakeholders to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities.
- Deliver the V&V components of product releases by managing small to medium projects, work packages or subtasks within the team from start to finish.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of V&V capabilities by developing, improving and deploying excellent system V&V skills, processes, tools, and equipment
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field of computing / engineering / science, OR
- At least 6 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software, firmware or system testing / development environment, delivering formal verification and validation for consumer facing devices
- At least 4 years of experience testing complex hardware and software systems, delivering successful product launches
- Demonstrated experience executing and leading verification processes, paying great attention to detail and meeting product quality standards. Skilled in cross-functional thinking and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Experience with signal analysis, Signal-to-noise ratio. Able to make technical assessments / decisions from multiple measurements across test setups
- Capable to use digital oscilloscope and multimeter and other electrical measurement equipment
What will make you stand out?
- Experience with the development of products within a Product Design/Development framework or the Software Development Life Cycle
- Capabilities in coding languages such as Python, C or C#, debugging test scripts, writing test cases in pseudo code
- Experience with test automation development
- Experience in a highly regulated industry e.g. medical devices
- Gain knowledge of Cochlear’s V&V processes and experience in contributing to process improvement
- Gain a wider and deeper understanding of the design of Cochlear’s systems and components
- Learn how to lead, negotiate, and motivate other people
- Have direct contact with and see impact of your work on end users
- Become a technical expert and mentor, and V&V process champion
- Direct involvement with various internal stakeholders, including senior managers
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the APPLY button below!
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age. In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now