Job no: 615323
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Acoustical Engineer to join our Acoustic Device Development Department based in Cochlear Gothenburg Site in Mölnlycke, Sweden and reporting directly to Manager SP Hardware Development.
In the role as Acoustician Engineer you will be responsible for acoustics engineering in the department according to objectives set in agreement with the manager. This applies to new products accessories, legacy products and development test systems. You will also build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Bring in new information and introduce new technologies and innovation in the area of acoustical engineering. Actively contribute to Cochlear’s architecture, product and technology roadmaps. This means that you will have a good opportunity to be a important part of future development in the acoustic area and your collaboration with other department will bring good experience and development. You will be able to solve problems through analysis based on technical knowledge and with your problem solving skills you support the project success. You will be involved in moderate complex investigations and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
What we offer
In the position as Acoustician Engineer you will have the opportunity to work cross-functional with different departments within Cochlear in a global environment. You will have the knowledge that the work you do helps people around the world to hear again and live their full lives in the same time that you are being a part of a dynamic and successful team, always happy to explore new ideas to optimize our way of working and search the best way to define and develop our products. This position is optimal for you who would like to learn and grow into the role as you take on new challenges.
Bring your skills and experience
- Degree of relevant engineering
- Experience in Acoustical engineering
- Good knowledge in MathLab
- Knowledge in Python programming
- Interest in product development
- Fluent in English with additional good writing and presentations skills
- Good knowledge in vibro and electroacoustics
- If you have knowledge in Sound Check, audio/acoustics signal processing algorithms and architecture that is considered as extra valuable for the position
- Be motivated by achieving goals and meeting timelines in a fast-paced and highly technical environment, where you can feel proud that the work you do helps more people around the world to hear again and live full lives.
- You are comfortable speaking and writing in English at a professional level (Swedish is ideal but not essential)
- You will enjoy spacious, modern facilities, surrounded by a beautiful forest in Mölnlycke
- You will experience an engaged workplace, motivated team mates and a supportive manager
- You are looking for a company which has a focus on wellness for its employees
- You are looking for that next career move where you can utilize your skills but also challenge yourself to learn something new
A Little Bit About Cochlear
At Cochlear, we’re committed to providing support for a lifetime of hearing. That’s how we deliver on our mission. While our global headquarters are located in Sydney, Australia, here in Sweden we have a site in Mölnlycke that’s home to a range of global functions that design, develop, manufacture, market and support our world leading bone conduction and cochlear implant solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. The site is just 10 minutes from Gothenburg’s city centre and at the site we employ approximately 220 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality, regulatory, supply, people & culture and administration.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now