Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job no: 615418
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Human Resources, IT, Asia Pacific, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies.
Cochlear has a rare opportunity for a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to play a significant role as the lead technical recruiter and account manager for our Global IT function and R&D software engineering function. In this role, the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will develop strong partnerships with internal customers and leverage a deep understanding of the candidate market to support these functions in delivering their strategic business objectives. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract with the opportunity to be extended/made permanent for the right individual.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build effective partnerships internally with hiring managers, the Global People & Culture team and the Global Talent Acquisition teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategic business objectives and challenges of the IT/technical customer groups
- Build an external network of selected and targeted prospective candidates and industry contacts through proactive direct sourcing, advertising, networking and referrals;
- Provide appropriate feedback and advise throughout the interview and selection process to ensure an overall effective hire;
- Recommend to hiring managers relevant resources, techniques and selection criteria for interviewing, assessing, and evaluating applicants for suitability
- Coordinate fortnightly recruitment reports (in collaboration with the broader global team);
- Identify and build relationships with key retained and contingency search firms, as well as relevant professional industry groups and associations;
- Contribute to the optimal candidate experience by identifying the key decision levers, and develop and create innovative and attractive market competitive offer packages;
About You. As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years recruiting experience; including experience in a corporate recruiting role or in an agency/search firm
- Experience recruiting senior-level candidates into a highly sophisticated matrix environment
- Experience identifying and leveraging external search firms; institutions and professional organisations and developing personal recruitment networks
- A proven ability to pipeline talent along with an in-depth knowledge of creative sourcing techniques to uncover passive candidates
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability manage complex, time-dependent deliverables and work within a fast-paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
Cochlear is a global organisation with operations across the United States, throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region. This role offers you the opportunity to proactively lead special recruitment projects on a global scale and become an integral member of the Talent Acquisition Centre of Excellence. Cochlear offers ample opportunity for growth and development.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where our people will feel valued and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now