Cyber Security Graduate
Job no: 615424
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
We have an opening for a Cyber Security Graduate to join the Information Technology Department, based in Macquarie (Sydney). In this role, you will help protect Cochlear’s information assets from cyber security threats by helping keep information owners apprised of increasing cyber security threats.
Your responsibilities will include…
• Support the Cyber Security Manager in managing Cochlear’s cyber security response plan.
• Assist in the management of information security incidents, including investigation, reporting and recommendations for improvement of controls.
• Review information security alerts and perform security event analysis across multiple source systems and various log formats.
• Ensure cyber security threats are actively monitored and maintain up to date knowledge on potential threats, trends and relevant events.
• Assist in the running of the organisation’s vulnerability management program to identify potential threats and conduct risk assessments as to their likely impact.
• Implement an information security awareness program across global business units to help reduce organisational human risks to an acceptable level.
• Engage with IT staff in their day-to-day activities to help educate them in information security standards and best practices.
- Completed or nearing graduations in a relevant IT discipline.
- A basic knowledge of Internet and network security systems and tools.
- Experience with Microsoft, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems.
- An ability to analyse complex technical situations and articulating technical security issues and associated risks in business language.
- A high proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools.
Developmental Value of the role:
This role offers you to become an integrate member of the Cyber security team to ensure Cochlear’s cyber security defenses are operating effectively. This is a chance for you to work with your passion for information technology and information security within a commercial context. Furthermore, this role will provide you the chance to develop communication skills in debate pertinent issues. The daily activities this role offers will require a meticulous attention to detail.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now