Senior Commercial Analyst - APAC
Job no: 615500
Work type: Permanent
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Cochlear conducts most of its leading research, development and manufacturing of cochlear implants in the Asia Pacific region with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Australia and repair facilities in Malaysia.
The Senior Commercial Analyst – APAC is a subject matter expert and regional business partner responsible for data accuracy and relevance of all gross margin related KPI’s, accounting operations and associated projects.
The Senior Commercial Analyst – APAC will be working in the Asia Pacific (APAC) regional finance team, provide financial planning and reporting support to the APAC region focusing on the gross margin and includes pricing, accounting, reporting and commercial strategy.
Some of the responsibilities of the Senior Commercial Analyst – APAC will include:
- Providing high quality analysis (eg. ROI / payback modelling) and presenting to a diverse stakeholder group.
- Develop systems and processes - comfortable with reporting and visualisation tools, like Tableau / Hyperion.
- Business Partnering -provide data that allows regional sales management to identify the revenue drivers and levers.
- Financial planning and reporting - prepare and manage the annual budgeting, performance reporting (weekly), monthly rolling IBP and strategic planning (3-5 year) processes for Gross Margin including ASP.
- Commercial capability, process, and systems - develop and evolve commercial decision support capabilities within APAC that facilitate improved management of key commercial decisions such as strategic initiatives, major investment decisions (including capex decisions), product launches, promotional activities etc
- Experienced FP&A professional or another similar commercial role.
- CPA/CA with further qualifications in business (MBA) or corporate finance highly desirable
- Experience and hands on knowledge with new age BI, analytics and visualisation tools highly desirable
- Exposure to IBP or other rolling forecast practices and strong technical accounting knowledge in areas such as planning, reporting and consolidation in a multi-currency, multi-entity, sales environment
- Developing strategic and commercial business acumen that can act as a catalyst to growing the business and a strong financial modelling capability
- Background and experience in providing commercial decision support to business partners
- Project and/or change management experience
- Strong understanding of and experience in business finance (valuation, investment analysis, value creation)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of consolidation tools (eg Hyperion, Cognos etc)
- Background and experience in working across the Asia Pacific region
- Background and experience gained in medical technology, pharma or product/consumer business
Development value of this role:
This role will allow you to further develop a broad, strategic understanding of the APAC business and growth drivers. You will be working close to the APAC management team and regional finance and collaborating across functions and with regional finance and operations teams as you will be part of significant cross-functional projects.
Why choose us?
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2bil to date in research and development.
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now