Job no: 615516
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
The Procurement Buyer performs operational and transactional procurement activities from new product development / projects through to the ongoing supply of quality goods and services, in this role you will
- Effectively partner with both internal and external stakeholders and take overall accountability for transactional procurement activities for the assigned product portfolio, categories and suppliers.
- Provide operational procurement support to Procurement Specialists and Managers to enable them to effectively manage key strategic categories and suppliers.
- Seek to develop, implement and execute procurement processes and strategies to optimise and continually improve the performance of the Procurement function.
The Successful Candidate for This Role Will Hold
- Sound ERP system knowledge (Oracle preferred)
- A strong communicator, able to build positive stakeholder relationships, able to represent Cochlear and successfully deal with sensitive commercial negotiations
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, building and maintaining commercial relationships and influencing internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Astute in the management and operation of suppliers with ability to assess the capability of suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced production environment
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Opportunity to work in a global team environment
- Great career progression and/or internal transfer opportunities to other areas of the business
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies
- Complex stakeholder engagement
- Transformational change agenda
- Flexible working arrangement
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now