Mechanical Process Engineer
Job no: 615522
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
We have an exciting position for a Mechanical Process Engineer based at our global headquarters in Macquarie University, Sydney on a 12-months fixed term contract.
You will be working with a collaborative and diverse group of people to develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes, support supply chain or manufacturing improvement projects, or ensure we have the capabilities to manufacture our increasing volumes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a collaborative and diverse team, working alongside complex stakeholders to develop stable and reliable mechanical manufacturing processes.
The right applicant will be comfortable and working in a blue-sky design environment to develop manufacturing processes for new products and introduce them into manufacturing through working with supply chain and R&D stakeholders. The candidate would also be used to executing projects for process improvements in a manufacturing organisation.
Your key responsibilities will be…
- Develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes within Cochlear and at suppliers of manufactured components.
- To support the supply chain and R&D group project execution by developing and implementing safe, scalable, stable and robust manufacturing processes across the manufacturing network for new and commercially already available product.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes and associated documents comply with Cochlear QMS and international regulation (e.g. WI, PFMEA).
- Responsible for meeting the manufacturing strategy by relocating/duplicating processes across the manufacturing network.
- Deliver complex processes in line with project objectives, target and timeline within the area of expertise.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Biomedical or Electrical Engineering.
- Preferably 2+ years in a similar engineering role within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in either process development or mechanical design.
- Experience developing and introducing manufacturing processes and products internally or at an external supplier.
- Experience in risk management methodology.
- Experience in validation of verification of manufacturing processes
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now