Director, Connected Care Innovation, Product & Services Management & Marketing
- 10+ years of work experience, with demonstrated ability to manage and execute project plans and deliverables
- 5 years of experience in Marketing with a technical product focus
- You will plan and implement the strategy for commercialization and lifecycle management including the monetization strategy for connected care innovations.
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. Continue to support our amazing mission by furthering your career at Cochlear in the Director, Connected Care Innovation, Product & Services Management and Marketing role! This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the Marketing team specifically focused on our Connected Care products and related services portfolio.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
Your success in this role is measured by meeting the business goals for the connected care portfolio through effectively positioning Cochlear’s value proposition and products. Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including the Acoustics and Nucleus business leadership, Customer Experience Operations, and other Global teams to maximize business outcomes in commercializing connected care innovations so that clinical and customer care models enhance the overall customer experience and support Cochlear Americas’ growth strategy.
- Build and deliver annual Connected Care product and service strategic plans to achieve our business goals.
- Develop a deep customer understanding across all 4 segments and ensure the successful definition, development and introduction of new products.
- Partner with cross-functional Global teams to define the future of Connected Care offerings inclusive of innovations such as big data usage, artificial intelligence, internet connectivity of devices and cloud-based data transfer and storage.
- Engage extensively with patients/consumers and professionals, providers and payers in order to gain firsthand insight on the customer’s and the market’s feedback on the connected care portfolio.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Must have 10+ years of work experience with at least 5years of Marketing experience with a technical product focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing project plans and deliverables including working with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze information and digest complex content and translate into simpler terms to create a plan of action.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Pay Range in the United States: $160,000 - $190,000 based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 20% of base salary. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. May be asked to occasionally transport/move up to 30 pounds, depending on the position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office or home office environment and represents those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.