Public Relations Manager
- 5-7+ Years of Experience developing and executing strategy for public relations programs required.
- You will be executing Public Relations programs and managing our Celebrity ambassador program.
- Work collaboratively with external groups and cross-functionally with internal teams.
- Hybrid role- 2 days in our Lone Tree office, 3 days working from home!
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
If you are a true Public Relations expert, with experience in executing public relations programs, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Marketing Communications team at the global leader in implantable hearing devices! Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. In this role, you will be based in our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
Your success in this role is measured by your ability to manage the public relations function with the goal of accelerating market growth and increasing market share of Cochlear's implantable hearing solutions in the U.S. and Canada. This role is responsible for executing public relations programs and celebrity ambassador program management. This position works collaboratively across our volunteer, recipient, candidate, and professional audiences and works with cross-functional teams to ensure public relations programs and campaigns are aligned and integrated with our digital marketing infrastructure & systems. This role will use their strategic mindset, organizational skills, media experience and passion for public relations to deliver results.
- Leads public relations function through management of day-to-day relations with public relations agency, including planning meetings, weekly check-ins, metrics identification and reporting. Manages local stories program; work with Social Media Strategist and Cochlear’s public relations agency to conduct story mining. Manage story opportunity assessments and outreach communications with field-based employees
- Collaborates with corporate colleagues on writing and editing press releases, approvals and syndication and manages product launch public relations strategy and press release drafting when applicable.
- Develops new paid, earned and owned public relations activities to grow awareness of Cochlear. Writes native advertising articles and collaborates on distribution methods.
- Responsible for researching industry and consumer trends to report to the relevant internal teams
- Manages media relations opportunities, creates briefing books, manages of press releases and other media assets, sponsored content opportunities, tracking and reporting.
- Manages day to day celebrity ambassador program tasks including, but not limited to: SOW management, travel bookings, run of show creation, strategic development of celebrity ambassadorship yearly plan and on-site celebrity management.
- Responsible for cross-functional management of the online Media Center, updating content and delivering communication updates to the Field.
- Responsible for continuous updates to media fact sheets; collaborate with Marketing teams for content development.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field. Emphasis on public relations a plus.
- 5-7+ Years of Experience developing and executing strategy of public relations programs. Proven success creating clear, compelling messages attractive to different audiences.
- Proven experience working on public relations programs, managing media, writing press releases and managing paid opportunities. Healthcare public relations experience a plus.
- Experience with interpreting customer insights/data and translating into actionable and measurable business results.
- Experience with leveraging content to drive engagement, grow audience, define Cochlear America’s identity, and generate consumer trust and loyalty.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Target Salary Range: $85,000 – $104,000 based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 15% of base salary
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary seated/standing position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is a home/office environment and represents those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.