Senior Logistics Specialist
Job no: 615586
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for Senior Logistics Specialist has arisen in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role is responsible for obtaining Customs Rulings or introducing a Licenced Manufacturing Warehouse (LMW), required for a compliant, cost effective and efficient import process.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for obtaining Customs Rulings or introducing a Licensed Manufacturing Warehouse (LMW), required for a compliant, cost effective and efficient import process. Introduce the required import rulings with local Customs.
- Responsible for supporting Logistics Operations activities in the areas of the freight/import/export, network optimization, ERP systems, product lifecycle, continuous improvement, and standardization.
- Implement lean practices to reduce waste and improve productivity, cost, and speed to market.
- Liaison and collaborate with other departments (warehouse, supply, procurement, NPI, engineering, M&C, etc.) to resolve problems/breakdowns impacting the operation.
- Demonstrated experience working on process and systems improvements in a global setting and to compliance to WHS practices and regulations
- Demonstrated results through applied lean concepts for process improvement.
- Work independently to accomplish short and long-range projects, anticipate likely needs, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Responsible for overall safety of personnel, company assets, and the surrounding environment.
- Support activities in the transportation of goods cost-effective, and the goods are safely and efficiently transported to their destination.
- Provide Logistics technical experience and understanding of processes to the project teams, enabling effective implementation of tasks assigned to achieve overall project outcomes.
- Support activities to ensure regulations of all import and export processes are maintained and under control.
- Understand Cochlear Import-Export declarations and maintain the compliance for Customs agencies and Regulatory bodies.
- Utilising the PICK Tracker, implement continuous improvement and standardisation ideas which have been identified by collaborating with the Warehouse teams.
- Identify improvements opportunities in our Warehouses, which could be shared across sites and implement. With ability to articulate and report on the benefits for the improvements to be implemented.
- Training of Warehouse team members as part of the implementation in any network optimisation activity.
- Minimum Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or Warehouse related field (ideally degree in Logistics)
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Supply chain industry (preferably Logistics) and experience in import/export.
- Has excellent financial acumen in managing logistics operations.
- Deep understanding of local trade (import/export) taxes, duties, bilateral trade agreements and harmonized codes and rules around country of origini is a MUST for this role.
- Deep understanding of Free trade zones and non-bonded Warehouses.
- Knowledge and experience with local Customs processes under different trade models
- Experience in managing freight providers .
- Exposure to product life cycle & product transfer process.
- Experience working on process and systems improvements in a global setting.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Statistics and other software as necessary
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Need to be a self-starter, highly organized and detail-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear’s global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now