Production Operator (Electronic Assembler)
Job no: 615716
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and we love what you do!
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 50 medical device company and the market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for you to join our Brisbane Cochlear team as a Manufacturing Operator on a casual full-time basis with the option of transitioning to a permanent role.
The purpose of this role is to complete manufacturing tasks for the Cochlear Implant System by meeting productivity and quality requirements and working effectively to achieve team business outcomes
This team is located at Cochlear’s Brisbane operations on Helen Street in Newstead.
The key responsibilities include:
- Set up, maintain, operate and monitor production equipment/machines in line with work instructions, procedures & equipment care sheets
- Perform manufacturing tasks in line with work instructions and procedures
- Perform manufacturing tasks in line with the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) requirements
- Achieve individual and team outcomes
- Participate in training as required and pass required assessments
- Comply with WHS requirements including pause exercises during shift
- Comply with required gowning procedures (wearing of manufacturing garments, including but not limited to mask, hood, gloves, hair net, coverall) and work instructions for the purpose of product safety and adhering to QMS requirements
You will be initially allocated on one of our fixed shift patterns. The shift times are:
- Day shift – 6:24 am – 2:30 pm
- Afternoon shift – 2:24 pm – 10:30pm
This role is located on 12 Helen St Teneriffe QLD 4005, onsite parking is not available.
- Australian citizenship or permanent resident of Australia
- Experience in manufacturing operator tasks (such as packing, testing, cleaning, washing etc) is ideal
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow processes and written work instructions
- Ability to wear manufacturing garments to ensure manufacturing practices adhere to quality standards and ensure product safety. This includes but is not limited to the wearing of a mask, hood, gloves, finger stalls, hair net, coat/coverall, shoe covers and ESD strap.
Please note: due to extensive on-the-job training this role requires full, unlimited working rights and therefore only Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be eligible to apply.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™). If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now