Medical Billing Analyst (Reimbursement Payor Strategy Analyst)
- Are you a driven professional with a strong sense of autonomy looking for a role where you can be impactful through analyzing data to help drive the team forward?
- Do you have experience navigating and analyzing escalated payor issues successfully? Do you have a "can do" attitude and are a strategic thinker?
- We are considering fully remote candidates in the United States for this role as part of a fully remote team.
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
If you know the full revenue cycle process, federal insurance regulations, are a strategic proactive thinker and have proven data analysis experience, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a Reimbursement Billing & Collections team at the global leader in implantable hearing devices! Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. In this role, you will be working remote as part of our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
Your success in this role is measured by your ability to provide world class customer service to our recipients by analyzing escalated payor issues, claim follow up and resolution, and suggesting preventative measures for payor issues. You will have full surveillance responsibility on all open AR to proactively identify stalls and issues with claims and bring to resolution. In addition, you will assist department management in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Reimbursement Department by effective assessment, documentation, communication, and resolution of all payor issues and provides support that enables Cochlear leadership to make business decisions that positively impact reimbursement metrics and results and facilitates financial growth of the company.
In this role, you will work closely with Market Access and Provider Relations teams to escalate payor issues, provide necessary details to resolve payor issues and provide input on administrative burden and/or operational insights helpful to contractual efforts. You will communicate with cross functional partners in an effective feedback loop, provide subject matter expertise on insurance related issues, as well as processes within the Billing and Collections Team and for understanding and adhering to all applicable federal and state insurance regulations, policies, and guidelines.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge and experience of reimbursement billing and collections, leading by example, accountability of yourself, strategic thought, project management, process development and follow-through. You'll know you've been successful in this role when your efforts have helped team exceed Cochlear's lofty reimbursement goals while demonstrating the highest standards regarding ethics, teamwork, work-ethic and professionalism.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve complex payor issues critical to the success of reimbursement.
- Interact with internal and external parties regarding communication/questions about rates and terms, medical policies, and reconciliation of payor issues
- Provide analytical, strategic thinking, and leadership support that enables teams to isolate payor issues
- Identify areas for improvement and training needs within the team and communicating this information to fellow leadership and Talent Development as necessary. Responsible for providing feedback to cross-functional business partners when necessary
- Surveillance of open AR to identify trends, anomalies and develop strategies to resolve and prevent.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- 3-4 Years of current healthcare Revenue Cycle Management experience
- Proven advanced Excel and data analysis abilities
- Proven experience analyzing data and telling “the story” the data presents.
- Full understanding of the revenue cycle process as well as medical terminology, claims processing guidelines, cash posting, payer contracting and healthcare reimbursement methodologies, and federal insurance regulations
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to turn data into actionable information in an accurate, reliable, and timely manner and present findings and recommendations
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Target Salary Range: $62,000 – $72,000 based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 7.5% of base salary
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
This is a salaried position with business hours between 6:00am-6:00pm Mountain Time, Monday through Friday with the need to adjust schedule to attend required meetings.
The work environment is fully remote work from home and represents those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.