Verification & Validation Engineer
Job no: 615821
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Students & Graduates, Oceania, Individual Contributor, Validation & Verification
- 9 month fixed term role
- Bring your passion and expertise to this role, training provided
- Enjoy great benefits and inclusive culture
Imagine using your engineering experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to work with Cochlear; an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are currently looking for a Verification and Validation Engineer (Testing Engineer) to ensure that high quality products are delivered on time to our customers by defining, executing and reporting Verification and Validation (V&V) tests as needed to meet the product plan.
This is a 9 month fixed-term opportunity based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University. Your contributions will play an instrumental part in transforming the lives of hearing-impaired people everywhere.
- Perform design verification and validation of Cochlear’s products
- Implement and maintain manual and automated tests
- Manage projects or subtasks to deliver V&V components of product releases
- Deliver time critical and pioneering test tasks to the expected quality and timelines
- Calibrate, install, and maintain equipment used by department for verification and validation
- Collaborate across multiple R&D project teams to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities
- You are degree qualified in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- You have knowledge and understanding of electronics and electronic test equipment and electrical device testing
- You are experienced in cross-functional thinking and problem solving
- You have sound capabilities in task management within a team
- You have good communication skills
- You are experienced in coding (eg. Python, C, Java, C++ or C#)
Development Value of the role:
This fantastic role offers you the opportunity to support the delivery of innovative medical implant design solutions, while engaging with a diverse range of people across various engineering disciplines at Cochlear. Furthermore, you’ll continue expanding your knowledge and experience through the various opportunities to solve challenging technical problems.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now