Summer Student Internship Program
Job no: 615856
Work type: Hourly Temporary/Casual
Categories: Engineering, IT, Students & Graduates, Oceania, Individual Contributor, Data Analytics, Validation & Verification
As an ASX top 50 company, Cochlear offers an unmatched, global platform to launch your engineering career!
As a Summer Student you will join our team in one of eight streams: Mechanical, Advanced Innovation, Electrical, Firmware, Software, Systems, Test Systems or Verification and Validation.
Our Summer Students are given real-world engineering projects that will contribute to Cochlear’s product development and give you hands-on experience working as a professional engineer.
Listed below are some examples on the variety of projects you could work on:
- Developing and testing mobile apps and cloud solutions
- Designing and developing electromechanical systems
- Prototyping and programming of electronic components
- Contributing to product improvement projects
- Verifying and validating new products or components
- Testing, analysing, and reporting on data and results
You will have the opportunity to work alongside and collaborate with the best and brightest engineering minds in the world as they mentor and support you to develop your skills and follow your passions.
To be eligible for our Summer Student Program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Study an Engineering, Science, IT or related degree.
- Be a penultimate-year student, completing your degree in calendar year 2024.
- Possess the right to work in Australia without sponsorship after graduation
- Achieve a credit average or higher
- Available to work full-time for 3 months from late November 2023 to mid-February 2024.
At the conclusion of the Summer Student program, you will be eligible for Cochlear's exclusive Graduate Program starting in February 2025. Your performance during the Summer Student Program will contribute toward your suitability for a graduate role.
Cochlear is an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in all areas of our business. Applications for our Summer Student program strictly close at midnight April 30. Due to high volumes of interest, applications beyond this date will not be accepted.
It is important our Summer Students are not intending on pursing further studies immediately after graduation as Cochlear aims to foster our summer students into industry ready engineers. If you are considering further study following your graduation, you are welcome to apply in your penultimate year of your post-graduate degree.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now