Professional Care Auditor
- Are you looking for an impactful role where you can use your order auditing experience?
- Are you good at identifying, loopholes, shortfalls and process gaps?
- Do you have experience reviewing and releasing credit holds
- This is a hybrid role- 2 days in our Lone Tree office, 3 days working from home!
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
If you have order auditing experience and like working to support internal teams, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Professional Care Auditing team at the global leader in implantable hearing devices! Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. In this role, you will be based in our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
Your success in this role is measured by your ability to audit Cochlear's professional customers’ orders for accuracy and supporting the Professional Care Team. This position audits all professional customer orders as their primary day to day function. The Professional Care Auditor will work in partnership with our internal teams to deliver personalized service and accurate ordering to professional customers to support Cochlear North America's revenue goals.
- Identify loopholes and share risk aversion methods and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings
- Conduct follow up audits
- Work cross‐functionally with key internal partners including Supply Chain, Hear Always, Receiving, Reimbursement
- Operations, Recipient Support, Accounting, Marketing, Product Management and Clinical Studies
- Identifying shortfalls or gaps in processes
- Review and release credit holds
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience.
- 1‐2 years of Customer Service Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent report writing skills, analysis and data reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Suite)
- Proficient experience utilizing common office resources (phone, copier, and email)
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment and balance/manage multiple, changing priorities
- Follows through on commitments, meets deadlines, takes responsibility for actions, and shows consistency between words and actions
- In role related tasks, identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and positively in a team environment to build strong, professional relationships
- Work with little supervision
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Target Salary Rate: $24 - $28.85 an hour based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 5% of base salary
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is hybrid home/office environment and represents those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.