Commercial Collections Specialist
- Do you have commercial collections experience?
- Do you have experience setting up, updating, collecting, and handling large commercial accounts?
- This position is open to hybrid or fully remote US candidates.
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
If you have collections experience working with commercial accounts and have experience maintaining multiple billing and collections systems, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Commercial Collections team at the global leader in implantable hearing devices! Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. In this role, you will be based in our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
Your success in this role will be measured by your ability to manage a portfolio of $4M-$12M as you administer credit and collections policies and procedures, maintain multiple billing and collections systems, and set up and update commercial accounts.
- Analyze accounts and correspondence daily.
- Contact customers (via outbound calls/emails) and receive calls/emails from customers to secure balance of debt by negotiating payment in full, payment arrangements and payment terms.
- Collect on all outstanding receivables on assigned accounts.
- Determine the validity of customer disputes with regards to charge backs.
- Review and recommend write off (adjustments) of accounts.
- Issue refunds with appropriate documentation.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in commercial collections with strong knowledge of collection process
- Ability to negotiate (i.e., ability to use full and complete information to negotiate best arrangement)
- Computer literate with the ability to meet daily productivity and quality standards
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Target Salary Rate: $23.00 - $25.00 an hour based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 5% of base salary
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is hybrid home/office environment or fully remote and represents those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.