Technician - Maintenance & Calibration
Job no: 615881
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Maintenance & Calibration Technician to support our Sydney manufacturing operations.
To be successful in this role you'll be able to perform maintenance and calibration activities on manufacturing equipment in line with business quality systems and regulatory requirements. You'll work collaboratively within the Maintenance and Calibration team and with cross-functional teams from across the business to ensure business requirements are met in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure maximum availability and safety of manufacturing equipment and services
- Undertake scheduled maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment and services in accordance with Cochlear’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Take ownership in resolving unscheduled (breakdown) tasks relating to plant and equipment and address product yield related issues resulting from plant and equipment failures
- Collaborate and support other business needs by completing Cochlear Service Portal requests assigned to the Maintenance and Calibration (M&C) Department
- Delivery of day-to-day tasks within established procedures and processes under limited supervision.
- Provide technical information and advice to internal customers including Production and Engineering teams
About You. As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Current Australian Electrical License (4th year apprentices considered)
- Experience with maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment or test systems highly desirable
- Strong planning and scheduling skills ensuring planned work orders are completed within regulatory timeframes.
- Display a systematic approach to resolving unscheduled events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical information for documentation purposes.
- Proficient computer skills – Windows, Office suite, CMMS
- Ability to work a rotating AM (6am-2.15pm) and PM (2pm-10pm) shifts
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now