Job no: 615942
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Categories: Finance, North America, Individual Contributor
Bookkeeping and Finance Operations
- Work together with Vendor to ensure all transactions are bookkept in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to:
- Validating company, territory, account, department and other set of attributes assigned for each entry
- Reconciliating final sales and inventory figures with commercial and logistic areas
- Following up consistently on bank transactions to properly apply customers’ deposits and confirm payments to vendors and creditors
- Performing currency rate adjustments and revaluation to transactions in USD
- Confirming correct tax treatment according to SAT rules
- Registering accruals and provisions for committed/probable expenses to happen in the near future
- Keeping track on transactions with specific accounting treatments, such as fixed assets, leases, labor liabilities and/or any other subject to specific IFRS guidelines
- Closely follow up and collaborate with Vendor, Finance Team, CMEX Finance Manager and other functional areas in the preparation, review, submission and presentation of month-end closing (MEC) reports within corporate deadlines.
- Active support in the in the preparation, review, submission and presentation of other on-demand reports requested by Corporate HQ, internal or external auditors and/or Federal Authorities.
- Prepare recurrent reports such as Sales Load (twice a month), Debtors (weekly), among others, according to established calendar.
- Ensure that all applicable policies and regulations regarding treasury, invoicing, expense management, accounting and taxes are fulfilled by all departments at CMEX.
- Follow up with Vendor and logistic on issuance of payment CFDIs to all customers’ deposits received within previous month related to PPD invoices; likewise, collect from vendors all payment CFDIs whenever applicable for outflows made to them.
- Closely follow up on legalization of credit cards for assignees, presentation of travel expense reports, advanced payments and refunds to employees.
- Constant communication and support to commercial and logistic teams for invoice related matters, inventory returns, obsolete goods’ donations and any other with financial and tax impact.
- Active support across CMEX functional areas to correct any deviations, clarify doubts, reinforce applicable guidelines and suggest new control measures.
- Report any deviations, incidents and/or identified risks in the operation to CMEX Finance Manager.
- Support CMEX Finance Manager in the implementation and control of preventive and corrective measures to tackle any audit findings, identified risks and/or opportunities for improvement.
Key Incumbent Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of total experience in accounting, controlling, treasury, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
- Graduated (with degree) from accounting, finance, administration, commerce or any business-related career
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, internal control and tax principles
- Experience in managing ERPs such as SAP, Oracle or Dynamics
- Soft skills:
- Effective communication and teamwork
- Proactive and keen on time management
- Well-organized and attentive to details
- Analytical thinking
- Active participation in finance and/or cross-functional projects; internal and external audits; process automation and system implementation.
- Experience in medical device sector
- Updated knowledge of valid tax rules in Mexico: CFDI 4.0, invoice cancellation rules, 69-B blacklist, travel expenses management, non-deductibles, VAT and CIT rates and withholdings
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now