Principal Network Engineer - Palo Alto focus
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
Cochlear is helping people hear, and be heard, all over the world. Come be a part of our amazing mission! If you have expertise in network engineering as well as experience with Palo Alto firewalls, this is a fantastic opportunity to join the Infrastructure Services team at the global leader in implantable hearing devices! In this role, you will be based in our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
Your success in this role is measured by your ability to establish and maintain system availability, capacity and performance baselines for Cochlear’s infrastructure and maintain effective operation of IT security of infrastructure systems.
- Change management and technical project delivery of medium to large global network initiatives
- Incident Management: Monitor compliance with ITIL v4 and escalation guidelines.
- Problem Management: Investigate the root cause of problems and either perform or coordinate actions with other teams to resolve issues while keeping all stakeholders informed on the resolution progress.
- Lifecycle & Vulnerability Management: Identify the need to perform upgrades, updates and patches on Cochlear’s network infrastructure
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience plus completion of Cisco CCNP Enterprise Core, CCIE and/or any specialist design exams.
- A strong understanding in either enterprise networking or wireless networking
- Palo Alto, f5, AWS, and/or Microsoft Teams Admin certifications also highly desired
- Understanding IP traffic flows to ensure best practices for firewall engineering
- Configuring Palo Alto firewalls and services using Panorama and Global Protect
- Experience with network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Cisco Prime/DNA Centre, Splunk, Digital Experience Management such as ZDX or ADEM)
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Pay Range in the United States: $105,000 - $135,000 per year based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 15% of base salary. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance as well as 401(K) matching with immediate vesting, Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and pet insurance.
Who are we?
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. May be asked to occasionally transport/move up to 30 pounds, depending on the position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office environment, which is representative of the environment an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.