Student Engineer, Verification and Validation
Job no: 616035
Work type: Hourly Temporary/Casual, Intern (Student)
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear has an opportunity for a Student Engineer, Verification and Validation based in our Sydney office. In this role, the successful Student Engineer, Verification and Validation will follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Execute and update manual and automated tests for System, Firmware, Software and Hardware Verification and Validation
- Generate and maintain inputs and outputs (including documents and results) of verification and validation activities.
- Develop scripts, and frameworks for automation of tests and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment used in verification are calibrated.
- Use judgment and experience to assist the team with decisions and overcome challenges related to day-to-day V&V activities and co-ordination.
- Collaborate across multiple project and function teams to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities.
What makes this opportunity unique?
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and apply engineering skills gained in university, this Student Engineer role would be a perfect opportunity for you! You will gain valuable experience as a member of the product development project team, where you actively contribute to process improvement whilst learning and applying various problem-solving techniques.
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (last year of study)
- Experience in test execution and reporting
- Sound capabilities in task management within a team
- Sound capabilities in coding using Python, C, Java, C++ or C#
- Good communication skills and takes initiative to be a self-motivated learner
- Ideally, experience and understanding of testing medical device products, electronics and electronic test equipment, or knowledge and understanding of test automation.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now