Manufacturing Support Engineer
Job no: 616047
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
Cochlear has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Support Engineer based in our Macquarie Park site, Sydney. In this role, the successful candidate will play an essential role in providing engineering support during the manufacture of the cochlear implant and external accessories. This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your problem-solving skills as you provide solutions to production problems and act as a key contact for Manufacturing on yield and quality.
- Provides the first point of contact for Manufacturing on yield quality and throughput issues
- Provides solutions to identified production problems
- Analyses Manufacturing rejects as required to reclaim where possible, identify, and rectify root causes of rejects
- Ensures NCR’s are processed accurately and effectively
- Ensures adherence and compliance to the Quality Systems and relevant regulatory bodies
- Identifies opportunities for safety, quality and cost improvements on the manufacturing lines
- Executes root cause investigations and documents reports with relevant corrective action
What makes this opportunity unique?
This role with find you working in a hands-on and fast paced work environment providing engineering support during the manufacture of Cochlear product. The successful candidate should be motivated by successfully completing complex projects and be comfortable with adapting to changing priorities as required.
About You. As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Biomedical or Electrical Engineering.
- Preferably 1+ years of experience in a similar engineering role within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in either manufacturing, test systems, process or V&V roles would be desirable
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement projects
- Experience in Lean methodology.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now