APAC Warehouse Manager
Job no: 616079
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, People Manager
Cochlear has an opportunity for a Warehouse Manager based in our Sydney Office. In this role, the successful Warehouse Manager will manage goods, inventory service & returns and distribution of orders for the APAC Warehouse. They will also create a well-trained team supported by documented processes, manage the day-to-day relationship with freight providers and support the logistics function in the area of Quality & Documentation.
- Managing goods inwards, inventory control, service & returns and distribution of orders for the APAC Warehouse by enforcing business policies and processes.
- Maintaining physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing orders for repair and replacement.
- Updating business process documentation, including work instructions to always ensure document accuracy, ready for audits.
- Creating a well-trained team supported by documented processes.
- Ensuring timely completion of all training activities.
- Providing timely & clear feedback to warehouse employees regarding performance.
- Reviewing freight spend with providers to identify outliers / issues with contract.
- Being the designated owner within the APAC Logistics team for all non-conformances relating to the function, (directly or indirectly)
What makes this opportunity unique?
In this role, the Warehouse Manager will gain the necessary experience to progress further into a potential career in supply chain, warehousing and product distribution as well as enter the exciting and dynamic world of Cochlear.
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a logistics and or supply chain environment
- Proven experience working with an ERP system
- Knowledge Microsoft office applications (MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of data interrogation tools (eg MS excel, Cobis, MS Access)
- IATA Dangerous Goods certificate for shipping lithium batteries
- Previous experience with people management
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now