Job no: 616088
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
The Opportunity to make a difference
As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Site Engineer (Onsite Engineer) to be a technical support for all site related operations, procedures, and projects to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
The Site Engineer organises and maintains all site related operations, procedures and small projects to ensure the operational IT continuity of the site/s they are responsible for.
The position collaborates with the Global Service Desk, other Global Site Service, Applications and Infrastructure teams that are key to delivering and maintaining support to the site that meets and exceeds agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
Builds local trusted relationships and maintain regular communication to end users through use of the implemented IT Service Management toolset, IT processes and policies.
Your important part in the organization would be:
Customer Service Delivery
- Provide prompt 2nd Tier support to end user incidents and requests to resolve operational problems, Hardware, Application and Software support.
- Provide 2nd Tier IT end user support and work collaboratively with the relevant teams or customers to meet agreed SLA’s and standards.
- Understand the relevant data and metrics for your region. Use this data to identify improvement opportunities and benchmark performance
- Provide technical support & insights regarding system issues, in accordance with Cochlear internal policies and procedures. Identify trends in the environment and look for ways to remediate on an ongoing basis
- In accordance with the Global Information Technology ITIL strategy, align to the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment processes
- Monitor incidents and/problems and provide regular status updates to customers.
- Provide advice on use of Cochlear provided assets and systems where required
- Provide IT induction training to new employees
- Have a good understanding of the Service Level Agreements between different stakeholders and follow the escalation procedures to ensure minimal breaches in these service levels.
- Install and configure software within established standards and guidelines.
- Resolve and act as the escalation point for all IT operations activities within the sites owned by the resource
You bring your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application.
- At least 4 years of relevant IT Service Support experience based on ITIL framework
- MCSA or MCP or similar work experience
- Strong technical background in client side of the Microsoft O365 Suite.
- Good knowledge of Mobile Devices and technologies to support the management of them
- Understanding and exposure of hybrid working environments that contain the use of the ITIL Framework and Agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of networking, server, hosting, common applications, software, basic scripting and security concepts within the IT space
- Ability to operate effectively within structured frameworks, to deliver high quality work and accurate reporting on performance and service delivery
- Understanding of Operational management onsite pertaining to facilities including structured cabling, UPS and local comms room availability
- Understanding and support of meeting room technologies
- Minimal mastery of key team competencies:
- Achieves Outcomes
- Customer focused: Displays a positive, collaborative and flexible approach to understanding business requirements and meeting customer needs.
- Accountable and able to work autonomously and as part of a regional and global team
- Analytical in approach and communicates in language that is simple for end users to understand
- Strong Written & Verbal English Skills
- Provides Problem solving and independent thinking skills while being a strong Team player in a regional and global team
- More than 5 years of IT Service Support experience in hybrid ITIL / Agile environments
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies
- Grasps the importance of security concepts and the adherence to protection of data and associated processes and policies within global organisations
- Acts locally but understands impacts and alignment to global standards
ITIL V4 Foundation certified
This role will sometimes require working out of hours including evenings and weekends to deliver on project and support initiatives and may also require at times occasional travel to support the wider group in implementation of initiatives or to backfill other team members.
If you feel your skills and experience match what we have mentioned, then Apply Now!
We are reviewing applications on the ongoing basis, therefore please submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now