Job no: 616091
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
Cochlear has an opportunity for a Procurement Buyer based in our Macquarie Park site, Sydney.
The Procurement Buyer performs operational and transactional procurement activities from new product development / projects through to the ongoing supply of quality goods and services, in this role you will:
- Effectively partner with both internal and external stakeholders and take overall accountability for transactional procurement activities for the assigned product portfolio, categories and suppliers.
- Provide operational procurement support to Procurement Specialists and Managers to enable them to effectively manage key strategic categories and suppliers.
- Seek to develop, implement and execute procurement processes and strategies to optimise and continually improve the performance of the Procurement function.
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Qualification in a relevant discipline (business, management, legal, commercial)
- Demonstrated Procurement experience (within the medical device industry is advantageous)
- Experience or familiarity with ERP or similar related procurement software systems
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now