Job no: 616109
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, IT, Individual Contributor
The Workday Specialist is responsible for supporting P&C Process Owners and their Delegates with their system requirements by enabling functionality and system processes that are intuitive and user friendly. This role will provide Workday/HRIS expertise and support to P&C system stakeholders.
Cochlear has 2 permanent full-time opportunities for Workday Specialists. These position acts as the first point of contact for P&C stakeholders regarding P&C applications best practice and system utilization. This position will support technology change and enablement, partnering with Process Owners to ensure new features and solutions are deployed to users effectively through communications, training and change management (partnering with project teams for larger pieces of work).
- Work closely with P&C Business Owners to deliver Workday enhancements, mandatory releases, and upgrades.
- Ensure Workday Configurations, including Business Processes, Master Data, Organisations and Domain Security are fit-for-purpose and delivering on-going business value.
- Investigate complex business and system issues to fix the root cause and error proof for the future.
- Assess optional Workday features that should be enabled in line with business need, appetite, and benefit.
- Work with P&C business stakeholders to define and refine epics and stories, ensuring a prioritised and sequenced team backlog of future work.
- Lead Program Discovery and Refinement to understand business requirements and solution/ feature options that will deliver greatest business value.
- Configure Workday HCM modules to meet new requirements and enhanced features delivered by Workday.
- Demonstrate configured features and solutions through prototyping, seeking iterative feedback from P&C Business Owners and ensuring business requirements are achieved.
- Plan, manage and deliver change, knowledge content updates, communication & training activities to support technology releases
- Collaborate with technical teams to develop and test integrations between Workday and other Cochlear systems.
- Perform unit/component testing of own work and complete peer reviews to ensure the quality assurance of developed solutions.
- Continually look for opportunities for the People & Culture team to work more effectively.
What makes this opportunity unique?
This is a great opportunity to broaden and develop your Workday capabilities, working within a persistent agile team to influence future design and build of the Cochlear Workday solution and deliver continuous improvement that drives innovative ways of working.
- Relevant experience with P&C process design and execution.
- Strong knowledge of P&C technologies and experience in P&C technology implementation projects.
- Strong functional knowledge of at least one Workday HCM module, such as Core HR, Adv. Compensation, Absence Management, Talent Management, Recruiting/Onboarding, or Time Tracking.
- Experience analysing data and trends, and translating business requirements into solution options.
- Tertiary qualifications in HR, Business, or IT.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile practice and project delivery.
- Strong customer focus and ability to follow up with customers and build trust.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with business stakeholders and technical teams
- Taking ownership and being proactive to resolve issues and identify improvements.
- Workday HCM certification is a plus.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now