Senior Financial Analyst
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Senior FP&A Analyst in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to understand business operations through a financial lens and distill information down to the key drivers and assumptions. You will be objective oriented, meaning you will be comfortable with working towards a problem’s solution and pivot when the underlying task is not sufficient to support the desired outcome. You’ll work collaboratively with sales, marketing, operations, and other business leaders to build a complete and cohesive financial forecast for the business and model scenarios for opportunity and risk related to the organization’s strategy. This role is responsible for supporting the annual budget and reforecast process as well as providing business scenario planning for the dynamic business needs.
- Support annual budget and ongoing reforecasts for the organization, including field forecasting efforts, partnering with respective business leaders to ensure appropriate information, assumptions, and drivers are utilized within the plan
- Analyze and prepare monthly reports to identify trends, variances, forecast implications, and/or risks and opportunities, and synthesize impact to forecast
- Perform deep-dive analysis to understand results outside of expectations, which includes talking with business partners, compiling and analyzing data, and working with the planning team in order to support the business
- Support SG&A expenses, headcount planning, and people cost forecasts during budgeting and reforecast periods
- Perform ad-hoc related analysis and tasks, as needed
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in finance and/or accounting
- Objective oriented – focus on getting to the desired outcome, even if underlying task is not sufficient
- Strong understanding of P&L and business drivers and assumptions
- Proficient in business case modeling and supporting your analysis with clear insights and explanation
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity; ability to meet deadlines and re-prioritize as needed
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Must OR occasionally transport/move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is a home/office environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range: $90,000 - $96,000 upon experience as well as a bonus of 7.5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.