Software Engineering Manager (Mobile)
Job no: 616143
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, People Manager
- Cochlear is a company that have transformed lives around the world
- Work with a Global team
- Hybrid working
Cochlear is looking for a Software Engineering Manager (Mobile) to deliver world class mobile products and contribute to the Cochlear software Ecosystem. This role will provide Technical leadership in Developments best practices and mobile platform trends.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to manage lead and develop a team of software engineers as they build their careers at Cochlear.
More specifically you will:
- Provide People and Technical leadership
- Attract, develop and retain the best team to deliver Cochlear’s current and future business objectives, for example, by:
- Ensuring clarity of expectations for individuals and team
- Providing regular feedback on performance
- Providing coaching for growth and success to build individual and team capability
- Ensure the platform architecture supports delivery of the product plan.
- Demonstrate active involvement in the implementation and improvement of relevant quality procedures.
- Introduce new technologies to software products that provide innovative solutions to business needs.
- Review work of other engineers to ensure the delivery of a high-quality product and provide opportunities for coaching & skill development amongst the team.
- Build software solutions within an Agile development framework based on industry best practices across a variety of platforms, with particular focus on the mobile platform.
- Lead the identification and implementation of improvements for the efficiency of the software group and the quality of the products, including the improvement of appropriate tools and practices.
- Improve processes and infrastructure for identifying problems and performance issues in software products.
- Maintain a solid understanding of implanted hearing technologies and developments within the software industry and apply this to the evolution of Cochlear’s products.
- Demonstrated experience in people management
- Significant experience across a breadth of technologies, languages and platforms.
- Well versed in the system development lifecycles and their relationship to project delivery method
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Agile development practices and some experience in leading Agile teams
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and commercial experience developing secure software products
- A background in iOS development will be highly regarded
- Experience in the medical device industry or other related regulated industries
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, bringing people all over the globe into the world of sound. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We’re collaborating so we can provide hearing for as many people as we can, now and into the future. Cochlear continues to invest in research and development, so we can keep providing the best products and services to our customers.
If you want to learn more about Cochlear, you can simply head to our website www.cochlear.com
If you have any questions:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now