Software Engineer (Cloud)
Job no: 616144
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
The Software Engineer will work with other members of the software development team to deliver successful software products that focus on creating applications with exceptional quality and user-centric design principles. They will collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure a wholistic understanding of user and business needs, translating it into exceptional software.
Cochlear has an opportunity for a Software Engineer based in our Macquarie Global Office. In this role, the successful Senior Systems Engineer will ensure the delivery of applications that are created with exceptional quality and user-centric design principles.
- Building software solutions in a highly Agile development environment.
- Creating applications that focus on exceptional quality and user-centric design principles.
- Implementing native user interfaces using the latest programming techniques
- Helping find solutions to difficult problems outside the standard solution.
- Collaborate with other departments and external customers to ensure a credible understanding of the user and business needs and translate this into exceptional software.
- Work closely with small groups to develop system and software features.
- Diagnose and identify (troubleshoot) product issues.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to other groups in Cochlear to help resolve customer issues.
What makes this opportunity unique?
In this role, the Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work within a regulated medical environment alongside various important stakeholders to deliver applications that are exceptional in quality and have user-centric design principles.
About You. As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field of computing (for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics) OR
- At least 3 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment.
- Experience developing applications for mobile, desktop or server platforms, using the native development tools for that platform.
- Experience with core platform frameworks for UI and backend development, developer tools (IDEs, dependency management systems, source control systems, build configuration systems), and workflows (either manual memory management or fully-managed, debugging, profiling, unit testing, continuous integration).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now