Senior Verification & Validation Engineer
Job no: 616304
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Validation & Verification
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear, a medical device company with dual headquarters in Gothenburg and Sydney, develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Verification & Validation Engineer in our R&D department. In this role you will be responsible for verification and validation to help Cochlear to realise its mission by managing the design and development of implantable hearing systems from conception to market launch and support.
Your responsibilities will include…
- The Senior Verification and Validation engineer will support in development of technical product and test system requirements.
- Plan and execute verification and validation activities.
- Deliver verification and validation protocols and reports.
- Be updated on best practice in expertise and act as Subject Matter Expert.
- Provide training and support in verification techniques and principles.
- Liaise with Verification & Validation (V&V) Engineers to ensure that V&V Protocols are followed.
- Develop and implement new methodologies where appropriate.
- Accountable for deliveries of V&V related project tasks in new product development projects and sustaining activities (including for test systems).
- Responsible for writing/updating or reviewing processes related to V&V.
In this role you will also coordinate project deliveries, understands requirements and identify design solutions to meet requirements. You will also prepare and review technical documentation as well as provide technical leadership to Engineers.
- Engineering/Science Degree or similar (e.g., systems engineering or software).
- Understanding of verification and validation principles, methods and tools that are appropriate for the development of medical devices.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Applies rules and procedures according to situation.
- Takes personal responsibility
- Communication qualifications
- The ability to solve problems and collaborate to get work done that delivers benefits for Cochlear’s customers.
- Analytic thinking and a “quality mindset”
Specialist technical knowledge and/or experience within their own job area.
You will stand out if you have?:
- Work experience from a medical device company or other highly regulated industry (e.g., pharmaceutical, automotive, etc.)
- Knowledge in common measuring and test methods.
- Acoustics measurement experience.
- Experience in designing test systems that contain mechanical and electronic hardware.
- Adapts actions to achieve organization’s objectives.
- Experience with project management, project coordination or project engineering.
- Experience in test systems development.
- Knowledge of software development
Developmental value of this role:
In this role you have the opportunity to work across organization boundaries with the knowledge that the work you provide helps more people around the world to hear again and live full lives. You will learn about medical device industry regulations and quality standards. Being a part of a dynamic and successful team, always happy to explore new ideas to optimize our way of working and to search the best way to define and develop our products. In short, you will have the opportunity to lifelong learning and development.
A Little Bit About Cochlear
Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone conduction and other implantable acoustic solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, 10 minutes from the city center of Gothenburg, Sweden, employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for our implantable acoustic products.
Does this sound of interest to you? Of course it does, where else would you be able to be an integral part of helping people hear and be heard? So what are you waiting for? If you feel your skills and experience match what we have mentioned, then Apply Now!
Or maybe you want to learn more about Cochlear first, you can simply head to our website www.cochlear.com
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now