Senior UX Product Designer
Job no: 616383
Work type: Permanent
Categories: User Experience Design
- Flexible working arrangements
- Role based in Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Attractive salary package
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other.
The Senior UX Product Designer will be responsible for ensuring that our products deliver great and engaging user experiences for our products and directly involve customers in the design and development process. You’ll research key user needs and deliver actionable insights seeing digital product design solutions through to delivery.
The Senior Product Designer will work within our Customer Software team supporting our Professional users and be supported by Cochlear’s User Experience Practice. The Senior UX Designer will balance discovery activities and product delivery with the support of the product squads. This challenging role is responsible for improving customer experiences and ensuring that our products are designed to meet their requirements.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- UX Research and Discovery - Planning, identifying, and conducting appropriate research and discovery activities that clarify user needs to drive decision making for agile software teams
- UX Ideation and Shaping - Facilitating design activities that focus team(s) effort to deliver suitable and feasible design solutions to identified and prioritised problems
- UX Design and Delivery - Creating design artefacts and documentation that enables teams to deliver great user-centered experiences that are intuitive and functional
- UX Validation and Measurement – Using a range of methods to validate user and delivery needs, building UX measures to capture, and identifying improved experience metrics.
- UX Collaboration and Communication - Conducting collaborative activities to align and driving improved solutions at a product and practise level.
- UX Leadership - Advocating, empowering and encouraging other Cochlear employees to use and implement human centred design approaches.
- At least 8 years’ proven experience as a Product Designer, User Experience Designer or User Experience Researcher for software products.
- A portfolio that demonstrates research, ideation, and delivery in a product delivery process and a demonstrable contribution to the delivered software product.
- Ability to work independently and an advocate for Inclusive Design, User Centered and Human Centered Design methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of design patterns and best practices in user experience design
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present complex research outcomes.
- Experience working in agile team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working with Agile software teams and with matrixed organisation structures
- A background or experience in visual design and implementing brand into digital products and inclusive design needs
- Demonstrated experience in Dual Track Discovery or Embedded Discovery processes.
- Experience working with mobile application teams on iOS and Android
- An understanding of Design Systems and their role in the product design process
This is a great opportunity to join an Innovative company that truly invests in its people. Ask any of our staff why they work at Cochlear and as well as an amazing and supportive culture we truly love coming to work every day knowing that we are helping people and making a difference in the world.
As this is role is based at our Iconic office at Macquarie University campus you are close to all modes of transport, but we do provide onsite parking, and flexible working arrangement. We offer a competitive remuneration package that can be tailored to suit your needs, and this is Global HQ so you can expand and advance in your career.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply today!
Please make sure to include a copy of your portfolio
For more information please contact: Ralph Hitti, Talent Acquisition Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now