Job no: 616384
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Administration, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
In order to help Cochlear bring products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Team Assistant to support the new manufacturing site in Chengdu China. To be successful in this role you'll be able to understand manufacturing process environments and providing effective administrative support to Manufacturing teams. Working collaboratively with Manufacturing Managers, Supervisors, Engineers, Team Leaders, Team-Members, and cross-functional teams, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the area by ensuring that the team's administration requirements are effectively met.
This role will be based in Chengdu, China. In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history by applying your knowledge and experiences.
Accountability1: Administration & Support
- Secretarial and administrative support to Manufacturing Site Manager, Manufacturing Manager and relevant on-site teams as required
- Act as a point of contact for Team Members for all pay queries and issues and liaise with relevant departments to ensure prompt responses
- Manage email correspondence and key communications as required
- Calendar management and organization of key meetings and events
- Supporting new Team Member onboarding and IT requirements
- Upkeep of relevant communication & notice boards
- General filling, archiving and record keeping
- Minute taking and distribution as required
- Raise help desks as required and ensure that tasks are followed up and closed in a timely manner
Accountability2: Records Management
- Review documentation for$1$1 prior to archiving
- Ensure documents are scanned and / or archived in line with current procedures
- Archive Manufacturing records & ensure accurate filling and retrieval of relevant information
Accountability3: Financial Management and direct labour systems management
- Assistants manage department expenses and ensure correct account allocation on purchases
- Ensure invoices are compliant and processed in a timely manner
- Ensure relevant expense spends are in line with budget and forecast
- Ensure direct labour hours are accurate and approved in a timely manner
- Provide global manufacturing network support for direct labour compliance
- Manage the team daily time records and employee status change process
Accountability4: Support hiring and labour payroll compliance
- Supporting Recruitment Agency in the preparation of recruitment briefs, role definitions and assessment guides, including dexterity testing.
- Assisting Manufacturing Managers in assessing job applications and short-listing for interview.
- Coordinating aspects of the recruitment process.
- Advising Manufacturing Managers and Recruitment Agency on successful and unsuccessful candidates
- Raising PO’s
- Experience in a coordinating role
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Excellent Chinese/Good of written and spoken written English.
- Discrete in handling confidential information.
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge of the MS Office suite of software and video/audio conferencing
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits, we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now